The Rocklin Police Department would like the owners, managers, and employees of Rocklin’s businesses to feel safe and comfortable in their establishments. Our police personnel strive to create and maintain good working relationships with the business community, and regularly work with businesses to solve problems, prevent crime, and when necessary, arrest persons who commit crimes against Rocklin’s businesses.
Safe and Secure Businesses
The Rocklin Police Department believes that crime prevention plays an important role in running a business that is safe for employees and customers, profitable for owners and management, and aesthetically appealing and inviting to the community.
By taking proactive steps to prevent and deter criminal activity, businesses can create an environment that is friendly and inviting to the general public, and “uninviting” to potential criminals.
Tips to protect your property from uninvited persons:
- Lock or remove handles from water spigots
- Keep trash dumpsters locked when not being filled or emptied
- Secure storage sheds or containers
- Lock or turn off exterior power outlets
- Lock gates after hours
- Install motion-activated lighting after hours
- Trim landscaping to eliminate hiding spaces
- Keep your property free of trash, litter, junk, etc.,
- Report graffiti and other vandalism to the Rocklin Police and clean it up promptly after the Officers have taken a report
The Rocklin Police Department offers a variety of business crime prevention resources including: