A bike pump track is pedaling closer to becoming a reality at Whitney Community Park after City Council directed staff to prepare a request for proposal to design the amenity on July 27.
A design for the track and related infrastructure will help City Council and staff better understand the costs of the project, identify potential obstacles to construction, and inform the project’s budgeting process.
The Investment Advisory Committee was established by City Council Resolution on June 22, 2021. The Committee consists of three members appointed to overlapping three-year terms.
Initially-appointed members will have the length of their appointment determined by lot in order to allow for overlapping terms.
Alternating I-80/SR-65 Connector Ramps to Close for Paving Work
Current work scheduled from July 20 to July 29
District: District 3 – Marysville
Contact: Raquel Borrayo
Phone: (530) 701-5209
Placer County – Caltrans is alerting motorists to an upcoming paving project that will intermittently close alternating Interstate 80 (I-80)/State Route 65 (SR-65) connector ramps in Rocklin and Roseville.
Connector ramps between the two routes are scheduled to be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. on the below dates. The schedule is subject to change based on weather, availability of equipment or other unexpected events.
Southbound SR-65 connector to eastbound I-80:
- Tuesday, July 20
- Thursday, July 22
- Friday, July 23
- Wednesday, July 28
- Thursday, July 29
Eastbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65:
- Wednesday, July 21
- Monday, July 26
- Wednesday, July 28 from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.; connector ramps will not be closed concurrently
Westbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65:
- Sunday, July 25
- Tuesday, July 27 at 10 p.m. through 1 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 28; connector ramps will not be closed concurrently
Signed detour routes will be available for motorists during the connector ramp closures.
- Southbound SR-65 connector to eastbound I-80: Motorists are advised to take westbound I-80 to the Eureka Road/Taylor Road off-ramp and connect to eastbound I-80 via the Eureka Road on-ramp.
- Eastbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65: Motorists are advised to take eastbound I-80 to the Rocklin Road off-ramp and connect to westbound I-80 via the Rocklin Road on-ramp, then use the westbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65.
- Westbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65: Motorists are advised to take westbound I-80 to the Eureka Road/Taylor Road off-ramp and connect to eastbound I-80 via the Eureka Road on-ramp, then use the I-80 eastbound connector to northbound SR-65.
The $1.44 million project is replacing the current asphalt concrete overlaying the connector ramps with a rubberized, open grade hot-mix asphalt that is designed to reduce noise generated from the heavy interstate traffic. Lamon Construction Co. of Yuba City is the prime contractor for the project, with completion estimated by early September.
The department will issue construction updates on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3.
Southbound SR-65 connector to eastbound I-80 detour map
Eastbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65 detour map
Westbound I-80 connector to northbound SR-65 detour map