The Community Development Department is responsible for overseeing the responsible and sustainable growth of the City while ensuring safety and quality of life. All related permits, entitlements, and site development projects are processed through the Permit Center and reviewed by the Building, Planning, and Engineering Divisions, as applicable.
The Building Division is responsible for plan reviews, inspections, building reports and statistics, and updating fee schedules.
Over-the-Counter Plan Check Permit Hours*
8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m., Monday through Friday
*Over-the-counter permits are simple permits such as small residential kitchen and bathroom remodels, commercial reroofs, etc. Information for permits must be complete to process over-the-counter.
The Planning Division provides a variety of services including:
- Implementation and monitoring of the City’s growth and development policies
- Processing development entitlement applications
- Making recommendations and providing professional guidance to the City Council and Planning Commission at public hearings
- Updating and maintaining the City’s long range planning documents
- Processing administrative permits such as special events, oak tree removal permits, administrative variances, sign permits, and home business permits
The City of Rocklin Municipal Code was established to help maintain a standard in the community for all to enjoy, and is enforced by Rocklin’s Code Compliance Officer.
The Code Enforcement Program is a citizen-based program that inspects and investigates complaints from citizens of the City of Rocklin. Upon receipt of a complaint, a Code Enforcement Officer will conduct a site visit to investigate the reported violation. After confirmation of the violation, the Code Enforcement Officer will take necessary steps to gain compliance with City Codes.
The City is soliciting input on the 2020 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) which contains information on performance and program accomplishments during the 2020-2021 CDBG program year. The report provides information regarding the City’s expenditure of federal CDBG funds; specially addressing progress made by the City towards completion of public service activities and accessibility projects.