City Clerk


City Clerk


Welcome to the City Clerk’s webpage.  The City Clerk’s office is dedicated to providing exceptional public service and connecting citizens with the legislative process.

The City Clerk is the local official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to city records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public.  The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act.  The City Clerk manages public inquiries and relationships and arranges for ceremonial and official functions.

Mission Statement
To provide exceptional public service to our citizens, city council, and city staff with integrity and impartiality.


Boards and Commissions

The City Council has established Boards and Commissions to review City programs, projects, and community issues. These Boards and Commissions provide greater community participation and input into local government and facilitate informed decisions by the City Council.


Claims against the City

Pursuant to California Government Code section 900 et seq., any person may submit a claim against the City of Rocklin for recovery of money or damages allegedly sustained. There are important limitations and exceptions to the submission of such claims, as provided by state and federal law.

City of Rocklin Claim Form

Legal advice regarding claims

City staff cannot provide legal advice to any person concerning a claim against the City. Any person wishing to submit a claim to the City is encouraged to seek the advice of an attorney of their choosing.

Where to submit claims

The City Clerk of the City of Rocklin is the ONLY office to which claims may be submitted. The original and all attachments are to be filed with the City Clerk’s office. The City’s claim form is available from the City Clerk’s office and online. All claims are public record.

Review and response

Claims received by the City  will be reviewed by City staff, consultants, and legal counsel, all as appropriate considering the claim. A response, if warranted, will be provided to the claimant consistent with California Government Code sections 900 et seq. A response will usually, but not always, be provided within approximately 45 days of the submission of the claim.

How to submit claim(s) against the City of Rocklin

A claim form can be obtained in the following ways:

  • Download the City’s claim form electronically - City of Rocklin Claim Form
  • In person at City Hall, City Clerk’s Department, 3970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA 2nd Floor
  • By mail, by contacting the City Clerk at (916) 625-5560 or emailing the City Clerk 

Ceremonial Documents Requests

The City of Rocklin will consider a request for a proclamation, letter or certificate of appreciation, or resolution of appreciation or commendation from any group or individual, as long as the request has a significant connection to the City and its adopted goals and policies and/or promotes activities taking place in the City of Rocklin.



NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Rocklin on Tuesday, November 5, 2024, for the following offices:

City Council Member                      Full Term of 4 Years

City Council Member                      Full Term of 4 Years

City Council Member                      Full Term of 4 Years

The nomination period for these offices begins on July 15, 2024 and closes on August 9, 2024 at 5:00pm.

If nomination papers for an incumbent officer of the City are not filed by August 9, 2024 the voters shall have until the 83rd day before the election, August 14, 2024, to nominate candidates other than the person(s) who are the incumbents on the 88th day before the election, for that incumbent’s elective office.

Nomination information can be obtained in the Office of the City Clerk, 3970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, California between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.

If no one or only one person is nominated for an elective office, appointment to the elective office may be made as prescribed by California Elections Code Section 10299.


Fair Political Practices Commission Forms


Fair Political Practices Commission – Statements

To view statements for current elected officials, see the link below to use our new eRetrieval system.

Campaign Disclosure Statements (Forms 460 or 470)

To preserve the privacy of persons who participate in the political process by making contributions to candidates for elective office, addresses from the below Campaign Disclosure Statements have been redacted for the internet version. Unredacted copies are available in the Rocklin City Clerk’s office for review and/or copies can be provided at 10 cents per page.  

Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700)

In some cases, Statements of Economic Interests posted below have addresses redacted.  Copies may be obtained by visiting either:

  • Rocklin City Clerk
    3970 Rocklin Road
    Rocklin, CA  95677
  • Fair Political Practices Commission*
    428 J Street, Suite 550
    Sacramento, CA  95814            

*Government Code Section 87200 identifies city elected officials (Mayor, City Attorney, Councilmembers), planning commissioners, Chief Operating Officer, and City Treasurer as statutory filers who are required to file Statements of Economic Interests. Form 700 for 87200 Filers are available on the FPPC Portal here.


Public Records Request

Records are made available to the public during normal City business hours.  When making a public records request, be as specific as possible. Include dates and any details regarding the requested information.  Requests may be made online, by email, or in person at the City Clerk’s Office at 3970 Rocklin Road.  

Public Records Request Online - under “Select a topic” click on “Public Records Request” as a topic and subtopic to get started.


Public Hearings

The City of Rocklin City Council, as well as City boards and commissions, are sometimes required by state law and/or municipal code to hold public hearings. 

Although a public hearing is also a public meeting, or occurs in the context of a public meeting, the main purpose of most public hearings is to obtain public testimony or comment. A public hearing may occur as part of a regular or special meeting, or it may be the sole purpose of a special meeting, with no other matters addressed.

There is generally a 10-day noticing period for public hearings. 


Temporary – Noncommercial Signs

The placement of all temporary noncommercial signs (political signs, special event signs, yard sales, etc.) within the City of Rocklin is subject to regulations established by the Rocklin Municipal Code, Chapter 17 Zoning, Section 17.75 Signs on Private Property.

Prior to your event, you must complete the Statement of Responsibility for Temporary Noncommercial Signs and submit a refundable deposit of $500 to the Rocklin City Clerk’s office. Following the conclusion of your event and pending any violations, your deposit will be returned to you.