Animals & Pets


Animals & Pets

Pet owner at the Rocklin Woofstock Festival

Rocklin Police Animal Control Officers want you and your pets to be good neighbors. Often a friendly warning or word of advice is all it takes.

Rocklin Animal Control provide the following services:

  • Assistance with nuisance animal problems
  • Bite reports
  • Enforcement of animal laws and ordinances

Pet Licensing

The City of Rocklin’s Animal Ordinance requires that all dogs over the age of four months and domestic swine get a license with the City of Rocklin. Learn more about pet licensing here.

Dogs To get a new dog license or renew your dog license, click here.
Pigs Pet pigs must be licensed in Rocklin. To license a domestic swine, please come to the Police Department during business hours or call (916) 625-5400.
Cats Currently the City of Rocklin does not require cats to be licensed.

Local Animal Shelters

Placer County Animal Services
11251 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603

Placer County SPCA
150 Corporation Yard Rd.
Roseville, CA 95678