Parks and Recreation Commission
The Parks and Recreation Commission consists of five commissioners appointed to alternating four-year terms and one youth non-voting commissioner who serves a one-year term. The Parks and Recreation Commission is responsible for the promotion and preservation of community recreation, open space, park lands, public art, and cultural initiatives.
The Commission advises and makes recommendations to the City Council on matters regarding the long-term planning, acquisition and/or development of parks, open space and trail systems and on works of art considered for acquisition by the City.
Parks and Recreation Commission Members
- Christine Anderson, Chairperson (term expires June 2024)
- Alison Winter, Vice Chairperson (term expires June 2026)
- Matthew Duarte (term expires June 2024)
- Susanne Stockton (term expires June 2024)
- Nancy Hartwell (term expires June 2026)
- London Diaz, Youth Commissioner (term expires June 2024)
The Parks and Recreation Commission holds its regular meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, located at 3970 Rocklin Road (second floor). The agenda is posted the Friday preceding the meeting on this webpage. Complete agenda packets are available at City Hall.
Want to participate online? See the instructions for using Zoom. The Zoom Meeting ID and Password can be found on the agenda for each meeting.
Visit the Listen Live page to listen to live streaming audio for regularly scheduled public meetings.
Agendas, minutes, agenda packets, post-agenda items, and videos for Parks and Recreation Commission meetings starting on March 8, 2023 can be accessed using the “Upcoming Events” and “Available Archives” sections below.
For access to Parks and Recreation Commission meeting content older than March 8, 2023, use the following links:
- September 12, 2018 – February 8, 2023 (NovusAGENDA)
- Prior to September 12, 2018 (Electronic Records Center)