Online Crime Reports
Welcome to the Rocklin Police Department Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 911. The online police reporting system allows you to submit a report electronically and receive a response from an officer within 24 hours. The online reporting system is limited to the following type of reports where a suspect(s) is not known and no additional investigative leads exist. You may file the following types of reports online:
- Identity Theft
- Theft from Unlocked Vehicle
- Lost Property (not including license plates)
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Animal Complaints
- Neighborhood Nuisance Issues (e.g. barking dog, basketball hoop left on the street, and other municipal code violations)
These reports may be filed online if:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred within the Rocklin city limits
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a State Freeway
If your report meets all of the criteria above, you are ready to
file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up
blocking software before filing the report.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Rocklin Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 916-625-5400) to file your report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
• See the words: “The Rocklin Police Department appreciates you taking the time to complete an online report! You will be contacted within 24 hours regarding the status of your report.” showing that your police report is complete.
• Once your report has been accepted by an officer, you will receive an incident or report number.
• A copy of your completed report will be available to you through our Records Department in 5-10 business days.
• All cases filed using the Rocklin Police Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
• Upon review, an officer will make contact within 24 hours.*
• Under section 148.5 of the California Penal Code, knowingly filing a false police report is a crime.
TO PROCEED TO THE ONLINE REPORT FORM CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
* Exigent circumstances may extend the 24 hour period of response