Online Crime Reports
Welcome to the Rocklin Police Department Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 911. The online police reporting system allows you to submit a report electronically and receive a response from an officer within 24 hours.* The online reporting system is limited to the following type of reports where a suspect(s) is not known and no additional investigative leads exist. You may file the following types of reports online:
- Identity Theft
- Theft from Unlocked Vehicle
- Lost Property (not including license plates)
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Animal Complaints
- Neighborhood Nuisance Issues (e.g. barking dog, basketball hoop left on the street, and other municipal code violations)
These reports may be filed online if:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred within the Rocklin city limits
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a State Freeway
If your report meets all of the criteria above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Rocklin Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 916-625-5400) to file your report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- You will receive a message via email issuing you a tracking number.
- Once your report has been reviewed, you will be notified via email of any problems with your report.
- If the report has been approved, you will be issued a case number. You will receive a PDF copy as an attachment in your email within approximately five business days.
- All cases filed using the Rocklin Police Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, an officer will make contact if further information is required.
- Under section 148.5 of the California Penal Code, knowingly filing a false police report is a crime.
TO PROCEED TO THE ONLINE REPORT FORM CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
*Extigent circumstances may extend the 24 hour period of response.