A Unique Trail Run on Rocklin's Newest Recreation Area
This is your opportunity to explore and learn about the Sunset Whitney Recreation Area (SWRA), Rocklin’s newest recreation area!
The City of Rocklin, in conjunction with the Run Rocklin Series, is hosting a unique early evening run/walk fundraiser on the grounds of Sunset Whitney Recreation Area (formerly the Rocklin Golf Course) . There will be plenty to do with the whole family after the run, so make an evening out of it! Lawn games, vendors, food trucks, and to top it off, a movie under the stars! Bring your blankets, cozy sweaters, & lawn chairs to get comfy while we enjoy time together in nature! We’ll be showing “Toy Story 4″ with the movie starting around 6:30 pm.
The Run Rocklin Series is proud to offer a Run and/or Walk experience in the same traditions as Run Rocklin (15 years) and the Grateful Dog (5 years).
WHEN: Saturday, November 2, 2019 | 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Sunset Whitney Recreation Area, 4201 Midas Ave Rocklin CA 95677
COST: $32 for runner/walker, all ages. All proceeds to benefit the Sunset Whitney Recreation Area (Movie is free!)
REGISTRATION: You can register now at SunsetRunWalk.RunRocklin.com today. Make sure to do so by Oct. 20th to guarantee your commemorative shirt! Finisher Medals for all who cross the finish line. Proceeds will be used for improvements to the Sunset Whitney Recreation Area.
VENDORS: Interested in hosting a booth during the event? Apply HERE!
PHOTOS: Pictures will be taken during the run/walk as well as finisher photos. Available for free download online.
Friday, November 1st | 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Packet Pick-Up: Get your race number and shirt. Packet pick will happen at SWRA. (shirts not guaranteed if you register after Oct 20th)
Sunset Whitney Recreation Area (SWRA) 4201 Midas Ave Rocklin CA 95677
Saturday, November 2 | 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Packet Pick-Up: Get your race number and shirt. Packet pick will happen at Sunset Whitney Recreation Area (SWRA). 4201 Midas Ave Rocklin CA 95677
Saturday, November 2 | 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Race Starts at 5:00 p.m.
- Runners/walkers are given till 6:30 p.m. to complete the race.
- Throughout the entire event, there will be multiple chances to learn about future plans, upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities, discussions about funding sources, food trucks, and health & wellness vendors.
- This is not as chip timed event so there will not be age place or overall awards.
After the run, we will be hosting a free movie night featuring the blockbuster hit “Toy Story 4″. We anticipate a large crowd for this feature and are excited to continue to show the versatility of this space. We look forward to having you be a part of this event! Movie to start after 6:30 p.m.!
SOCIAL MEDIA: Let us know you are attending and help share the word!
- Good mannered dogs that are on short leashes are permitted.
- Strollers of any kind are not recommended.
- Course is on dirt paths, asphalt pathways, and uneven surfaces that go through tunnels.
- The bib/race number must be visible to your chest for that is how you will be able to locate your race photos.
- Course will be marked with directional signage and mile markers.
- Water stations will be on course.
- Portable restrooms will be on course as well as main event area.
- You will be required to complete a waiver form. Failure to submit one on the day of the event, will eject you from the race/walk.
FREE on Course Photos:
- Each registered participant will receive a bib/race number to be pinned to the front of their shirt.
- This bib/race number is how you can search for photos that are taken on the course.
- We will do our best to capture as many participant images as possible.
- All photos will be posted online as high resolution images and will be free to download for your use.
- For more information please visit Sunsetrunwalk.runrocklin.com