Sign Permit



Sign Ordinance and Sign Design Guidelines

The Rocklin City Council approved an update of the Rocklin Sign Ordinance Chapter 17.75 Signs on Private Property on January 28, 2014. The updated Sign Ordinance is now in effect. Businesses are required to comply with the City of Rocklin’s Sign Ordinance as well as the citywide Design Review Guidelines. Follow the above links to these documents for more information.

Sign Permit Application

With limited exceptions all signs, permanent and temporary, are required to obtain an approved sign permit from the Planning Division of the Economic and Community Development Department before they are put up. In many cases, signs will also need a building permit to be approved by the Building Division. 

To obtain a sign permit, bring a completed sign permit application to the Economic and Community Development Department along with the required exhibits and fee for review and approval.

Types of temporary signage and advertising include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Banner Signs
  • Flags
  • Balloons
  • Inflatable Objects
  • A-Frame Signs

For more information regarding temporary signage, please see the Temporary Signage Brochure or Frequently Asked Questions. 

Contact the Planning Division at (916) 625-5120 or by email at Access Rocklin.