Property Maintenance for Tenants
Tenants and property owners are responsible for maintaining safe, clean, and attractive properties. Costly Code Compliance fines may be avoided by properly maintaining a property.
What are My Responsibilities as a Tenant?
Tenant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping the premises and the residence undamaged and clean (no trash, junk, or debris)
- Disposing of garbage and waste in a clean and sanitary manner
- Using and operating gas, electrical, and plumbing fixtures properly
- Using the premises for the intended purposes
- Preventing and repairing any damage caused by the tenant, family, guests, and/or pets
- Other repairs as determined by the rental agreement
Related Forms & Handouts
Preserving Rocklin: A Tenant's Guide to Property Maintenance