Property Maintenance for Homeowners
Homeowners are responsible for maintaining safe, clean, and attractive properties. The following information is provided in an effort to help you understand some of your property maintenance responsibilities. Costly Code Compliance fines may be avoided by properly maintaining a property.
For housing violations within City limits, contact Code Compliance
at (916) 625-5498.
What are some of My Responsibilities as a Homeowner?
Homeowner responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean and sanitary buildings
- Grounds which are free from debris, filth, rubbish, garbage, rodents and vermin
- Proper connection to a sewage disposal system
- Disposing of garbage and waste in a clean and sanitary manner
- Using the premises for the intended purposes
Related Forms & Handouts