How to Drive a Roundabout
Roundabouts are designed to make intersections safer and more efficient for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Traffic travels counter-clockwise around a center island
- Vehicles entering and exiting a roundabout must yield to pedestrians and bicyclists
- Slow down as you approach the roundabout and wait to merge until there is a big enough gap to enter safely
- Use your turn signals when exiting the roundabout
- If you miss your exit, continue around until you return
Please explore the brochures below on how to drive a roundabout and how they improve safety on roads.