The placement of all temporary noncommercial signs (political signs, special event signs, yard sales, etc.) within the City of Rocklin is subject to regulations established by the Rocklin Municipal Code, Chapter 17 Zoning, Section 17.75 Signs on Private Property.
Prior to your event, you must complete the Statement of Responsibility for Temporary Noncommercial Signs and submit a refundable deposit of $500 to the Rocklin City Clerk’s office. Following the conclusion of your event and pending any violations, your deposit will be returned to you.
For any questions regarding the temporary non-commercial sign process, please contact the City Clerks Office at (916) 625-5241 or CityClerk@rocklin.ca.us
What to know…
A refundable deposit of $500 and a completed Statement of Responsibility are due to the City Clerk’s office prior to placing signs. Following the conclusion of your event, staff will refund your deposit given no violations.
The City Clerk’s office is located on the second floor of City Hall, 3970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin CA.
Any signs not located in an allowable location will be removed by City staff at a fee of $25 per sign, charged against your deposit.
- Signs cannot be posted earlier than 45 days before the event.
- Signs cannot be greater than 16 square feet in area and 6 feet in height.
- Signs cannot be located in the city right-of-way or on city property.
- All signs must be set back at least 5 feet from any property line.
- Signs cannot be located within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, street sign, or traffic signal.
- Signs are only allowed on private property with the property owner’s permission.
- All signs must be removed within 5 days after the event.