The Rocklin Police Facility
Located at 4080 Rocklin Road, between I-80 and Pacific Avenue, The police facility includes a full-service public lobby, spacious multi-purpose community room, a training room for employees, 25-yard in-door shooting range, temporary custody area, state-of-the-art 911 dispatch center and a command center in times of emergency.
Quick Facts about the Rocklin Police Facility
- Opened June 8, 2005
- Cost $15 million to construct
- Consists of 40,000 square feet
- A 168.8 Kilowatt solar electric system consisting of 536 solar panels is located in our parking lot, and produce 229,300 kWh worth of energy annually. This equates to an estimated savings of $30,000 to $40,000 a year and produces enough energy to power 40 homes, reducing the Carbon Monoxide emissions into the atmosphere by 185 tons.
- There are 223 tons of steel in the building.
- 77 miles of wire and conduit run through the building.
- Skylights and use of natural lights reduce the use of electrical lighting
- Carpet tiles and rubber flooring are made from recyclable materials