Photography / Filming Permit


The City Managers Office coordinates issuance of Filming Permits using City of Rocklin property in the City of Rocklin.

Photography/Filming Permit

Filming includes staging, shooting, filming, videotaping, photographing for commercial and non-theatrical productions. Filming for the purposes of reporting on events or persons that are in the news for print publications, television, cable and other news media is excluded.

The City’s Municipal Code Chapter 12.32 governs Filming Activities in the City of Rocklin.

There is a film permit fee; plus, fees will be charged for actual costs incurred by the city for providing employees, equipment rental, facilities rental, utilities, and similar costs.

Filming Includes (for commercial or non-theatrical productions):

  • staging 
  • shooting 
  • filming
  • videotaping 
  • photographing

For additional information, you may contact the Placer-Lake Tahoe Film Office toll-free at 877.228.3456.