Rocklin/Lincoln Urge Safe Fireworks Season
Safe and Sane Fireworks Legal in Rocklin from June 28 - July 4
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and the Rocklin Fire Department would like to remind residents of the laws and how to stay safe.
The sale and use of Safe and Sane fireworks begins at noon on June 28 in the City of Lincoln and City of Rocklin. The legal time to discharge Safe and Sane fireworks is from 12 p.m. on June 28 through 11:59 p.m. on July 4. Only those fireworks registered with the California State Fire Marshal’s Office as Safe and Sane are approved for use within the State of California. Fireworks may not be sold to anyone under the age of 18.
Remember, any firework that flies in the air, darts across the ground or explodes is considered illegal in California. If it doesn’t have the California State Fire Marshal’s seal on the packaging, it’s illegal. If you choose to use Safe and Sane Fireworks, below are some tips for staying safe:
- Safe and Sane Fireworks must have the State Fire Marshal’s seal, and can only be purchased at licensed fireworks stands.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Supervise children and be sure other people are out of range before lighting.
- Always read directions.
- Always have an adult present.
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Never use near dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Light one at a time.
- Use common sense and keep a safe distance.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Never experiment with fireworks.
- Have a bucket of water and a hose handy.
- Never attempt to re-light or “fix” fireworks.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Fireworks are not toys.
- Parents are liable for any damage or injuries caused by their children using fireworks.
- Know that use of fireworks in all city parks, on bike trails and open spaces in the city is prohibited.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!