Lend a Hand. Make a Difference.
About the Trail Keepers Program
The tasks assigned to Park & Trail Keeper volunteers would be limited to:
- Pick up trash and deposit in available garbage cans
- Identify hazards (trail wash outs, fallen trees, illegal camping, etc.) and report using the Access Rocklin app modified to include new hazards and issues
- Identify & report obvious maintenance items (broken sprinklers, signage issues etc.)
- Participate in the above activities at larger events (e.g. Quarry Park events and more)
Given that the city has many neighborhood parks, you as a volunteer may opt to identify a “Home” Park (i.e. nearest neighborhood park or closest larger park) for the activities described above.
You may also choose to support the above activities at a range of parks and/or trails as suits your situation.
- All “Trail Keepers” will be trained with a focus on safety
- Work must be done during normal park or trail hours, unless otherwise directed by staff
- Must wear issued apparel to distinguish themselves from others using the parks or trails
- Has no authority over others in the parks or on the trails
- Must follow the directions of city staff in the performance of their tasks
- Use the city’s “Access Rocklin” App to inform staff of the hazards described above
- Must log and report the completion of their work. The log of activities will be gathered at appropriate intervals by city staff and in a manner suitable to track the effectiveness of their efforts and the program overall.
- Required equipment will be issued to each volunteer with the promise to return if withdrawing from the program. It shall be limited to:
- Trash grabber
- Garbage bags
- Protective gloves
- Rocklin “Trail Keeper” T Shirt
- The use of the “Access Rocklin” App will be from the volunteers personal phone. Paper copies will be available for those without access.