Frequently Asked Questions


I have a legal problem.  Can the City Attorney help me?
No.  The City Attorney does not represent individuals on private matters.

Where are the courts located?
The Superior Court of California in Placer County maintains a list of court locations and information. On the web: Court Departments – Placer County

Where can I get legal help?
There are several places that provide legal services to the community.  Visit the Superior Court of California in Placer County for a list of non-profit and/or government agencies to help community members find legal help.

The following organizations also provide legal referrals:

Legal Services of Northern California

Lawyer Referral Service of Sacramento

Bill Santucci Justice Center, Roseville