Apply To Become Rocklin’s Youth Commissioner
High School Senior to Serve July 2019 to June 2020


The City of Rocklin is currently seeking a local high school student entering their senior year in 2019-2020 interested in serving as a Youth Commissioner on the City’s Parks, Recreation and Arts Commission.

The Parks, Recreation and Arts Commission consists of five commissioners and one Youth Commissioner. The Commission advises and makes recommendations to the City Council on matters regarding the long-term planning, acquisition and/or development of parks, open space and trail systems. The Commission also advises on works of art considered for acquisition by the City.

The Parks, Recreation and Arts Commission holds its regular meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.

The Youth Commissioner must be a high school student from any high school in Rocklin, a resident of the City, and enrolled in high school during their one-year term. The term of office runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. No special experience is necessary.

Applications are due to the City Clerk’s Office, 3970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, California, 95677, by 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2019.