Economic and Community Development
2015 Project Results
In cooperation with the City and its citizens, Developers have participated in and have agreed to make the following approved contributions to Rocklin should their projects proceed.
The Economic and Community Development Department (ECD) is responsible for overseeing the responsible and sustainable growth of the City while ensuring safety and quality of life. All related permits, entitlements, and site development projects are processed through the Permit Center and reviewed by the Building, Planning, and Engineering Divisions as applicable.
In 2015 the Department issued 3,301 permits, conducted 11,252 inspections, and is committed to operating efficiently while providing excellent customer service. The Department is working to set performance measures for each Division and many of its processes, several examples of which follow:
1. Year to date data from January 1, 2016 through September 1, 2016
2. Results reflect average conditions, individual results may vary
3. Department and Division goals are subject to change
The Building Division is responsible for plan reviews, inspections, building reports and statistics, and updating fee schedules.
Over-the-Counter Plan Check Permit Hours*
8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m., Monday through Friday
*Over-the-counter permits are simple permits such as small residential kitchen and bathroom remodels, commercial reroofs, etc. Information for permits must be complete to process over-the-counter.
The Planning Division provides a variety of services including:
- Implementation and monitoring of the City’s growth and development policies
- Processing development entitlement applications
- Making recommendations and providing professional guidance to the City Council and Planning Commission at public hearings
- Updating and maintaining the City’s long range planning documents
- Processing administrative permits such as special events, oak tree removal permits, administrative variances, sign permits, and home business permits
The Engineering Division provides a host of technical services essential to the community development process including reviewing and approving project improvement plans, final maps, and administering City development standards.