For Parks & Recreation
The State of California has issued a Regional Stay at Home(SAH) Order for the Greater Sacramento Region, which includes Rocklin and Placer County, to stop the surge of COVID19 cases & prevent a strain on our health care system. This action will help protect critical care for patients. It has been announced that our region has triggered the SAH order and will go into effect at 11:59pm Thursday, December 10.
Below are the following programs that will close during this time and those park amenities that will remain open.
Programs / Amenities remaining open
- Dog Park
- Disc Golf Course
- Drinking fountains
- Park restrooms
For more information on the order, please see the links below.
City of Rocklin offices will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 26, in compliance with the State of California’s Resilience Roadmap allowing office functions to resume where telework is not possible.
The City has implemented key prevention practices recommend by public health authorities to reopen safely and responsibly, including, but not limited, to:
- Physical distancing to the maximum extent possible, including installation of protective barriers at front counters and between employee workstations
- Strongly encouraging customers to use face coverings at all times when inside City buildings
- Strongly encouraging employees to use face coverings when interacting with customers and when physical distancing is not possible between employees
- Frequent handwashing and regular cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Employee training and information on the elements of the COVID-19 prevention plan
- Posting of recommend behaviors for employees and guests in prominent areas
Customers are asked to conduct as much business as possible with the City online or by phone, but front counters and lobbies will be open during regular business hours. Staffing will be limited as teleworking continues, where possible.
City of Rocklin leadership will continue to monitor public health recommendations, evaluate procedures and make changes accordingly.
Parks and Recreation programs and rentals through Dec. 31 will be cancelled. Refunds due to cancellations will be processed by staff in the coming days. We will try to accommodate requests to postpone and reschedule rentals as availability of our venues permit. Staff will be reaching out to all reservations affected by this closure prior to processing refunds.
Skyhawks and National Academy of Athletics sports camps are scheduled to take place starting July 6th. We are currently taking registration online and in-office. More details, go to our online registration platform or call us at 916-625-5200.
As of Tuesday, May 5th, the City of Rocklin has reopened playgrounds at City parks to provide additional healthy outdoor recreation opportunities to residents.The following amenities will be re-opened or continue to be open as follows.
- Playgrounds and play equipment will re-open
- Trails remain open
- Dog Park remains open
- Pavilions, picnic areas, and BBQ pits will re-open
- Sports courts (currently open for same household use)
- Disc golf course has re-opened
- Skate park remains open
- Restrooms have re-opened
- Drinking fountains will re-open 7/17
- Athletic fields remain open with only non-contact sports or recreational activities authorized.
- Athletic conditioning and drills will now be allowed with proper permitting by the Parks & Recreation office. To obtain, please call 916-625-5200 for more information.
The City asks residents to take personal responsibility when using the play areas with their families by following required social distancing protocols at all times. The City also strongly recommends disinfecting hands prior to and after use of playgrounds, and using face coverings when six-foot social distancing cannot be maintained.
We continue to recommended non-contact activities, such as:
- Walking, biking, hiking, running, and other things that do not include bodily contact.
General tips to reduce the spread of COVID-19 include:
- If you are sick, please stay home. (Except to get medical care)
- Follow social distancing recommendations and keep 6 feet from others.
- Masks or cloth face coverings are strongly advised when 6′ distancing cannot be maintained.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit.
For up to date information from the City of Rocklin, please go to https://www.rocklin.ca.us/coronavirus