City of Rocklin Offices to Close Dec. 26 – Jan. 2
The City of Rocklin public offices will be closed from December 26, 2016, through January 2, 2017, as the City conducts its 20th annual holiday furlough. Emergency services will continue to be provided at full staffing levels.
“Traditionally, the number of routine calls handled by the City between Christmas and New Year’s Day is low,” City Manager Rick Horst said. “This closure saves the City money and allows employees the opportunity to spend time with their families.”
The holiday furlough has been observed successfully for the past 19 years.
The following City offices and buildings will be affected by the closure:
- City Hall, 3970 Rocklin Road
- Historic City Hall, 3980 Rocklin Road
- Fire Department Administration, 3401 Crest Drive
- Recreation, Arts and Event Tourism Department, 5460 Fifth Street
- Corporation Yard, 4081 Alvis Court
The Police Department public counter at 4080 Rocklin Road will remain open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday during this period.
City of Rocklin phone numbers to remember:
- Emergencies: 911
- Non-emergency public safety situations: Rocklin Police Department 916.625.5400
General information may be obtained by visiting the City’s website www.rocklin.ca.us. If you have questions regarding the office closures, please call Michael Young, Rocklin spokesperson, at (916) 541-6408.