125th Anniversary ‘Then and Now’ Art Contest
An art contest will be held involving local students from elementary to high school to depict scenes representing Rocklin’s past, present and future. Winning pieces will be displayed locally, possibly on street banners or on city-owned utility boxes.
Eligibility: Any Rocklin student (charter, home or traditional school)
in Kindergarten through 12th grade may submit only one entry
The theme for the art contest is: “Then and Now.”
Student entries to depict scenes representing Rocklin’s past, present and future. Some ideas include but are not limited to: St. Mary’s Chapel, Central Pacific Rocklin Roundhouse, Finnish Temperance Society, the Racetrack, the fire in 1893, etc. Artwork can be realistic or abstract.
Media and Technique Requirements:
- Entries are limited to 2 dimensional artwork only.
- No sculptures, ceramics, etc.
- Artwork should be no larger than 16” x 20”
- Any of the following techniques may be used:
- Paint (watercolor, acrylic, etc.)
- Drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk,
- pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.)
- Collage materials (cut and glued papers, such as
- construction paper, tissue paper, decoupage, etc.)
- Original digital illustration
Winners will receive:
- Artwork will be displayed locally, possibly on street banners or on city-owned utility boxes.
- 1 free pass to Quarry Park Adventures
- The first 500 entries will have their artwork featured on the City of Rocklin website
There will be a reception for the winners
Wednesday, April 11, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Rocklin Police Department.
Winners will be chosen from the following age categories:
• K – 3rd
• 4th – 6th
• 7th – 8th
• 9th – 12th
Winners will be notified the week of April 1st.
Deadline for Entries
Deadline for entries will be Friday, March 30, at 6 p.m. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Please include your name, grade level and contact phone number on the back of your artwork.
Entries will be accepted at the following locations:
• Rocklin Police – 4080 Rocklin Rd.
• Rocklin Fire Station 23 – 4060 Rocklin Rd.
• Rocklin Fire Station 24 – 3401 Crest Dr
• Rocklin Fire Station 25 – 2501 Wildcat
One entry per student will be accepted.
For additional information, please email: