Economic and Community Development
2015 – 2016 Project Results
In cooperation with the City and its citizens, Developers have participated in and have agreed to make the following approved contributions to Rocklin should their projects proceed. New housing units represent entitled projects only and do not necessarily include units permitted or constructed.
The Economic and Community Development Department (ECD) is responsible for overseeing the responsible and sustainable growth of the City while ensuring safety and quality of life. All related permits, entitlements, and site development projects are processed through the Permit Center and reviewed by the Building, Planning, and Engineering Divisions as applicable.
Are you looking for available property in Rocklin? We have partnered with LoopLink to provide an online search directory for available property in our community. Find properties for sale or for lease, and filter by property type or criteria. Click here to access our database.
Economic Development staff is available to assist you with custom commercial property searches. Simply send an email to Troy Holt at email@example.com or call us at (916) 625-5565 with details on the type and size of space or property you are looking for. We can also assist with zoning, navigating the development process, and any other information gathering to assist with your property search and decision.
In 2016 the Department issued 3,265 permits, conducted 15,040 inspections, and remain committed to operating efficiently while providing excellent customer service. The Department is working to set performance measures for each Division and many of its processes, several examples of which follow:
1. Year to date data from January 1, 2017 through July 1, 2017
2. Results reflect average conditions, individual results may vary
3. Department and Division goals are subject to change
The Building Division is responsible for plan reviews, inspections, building reports and statistics, and updating fee schedules.
Over-the-Counter Plan Check Permit Hours*
8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m., Monday through Friday
*Over-the-counter permits are simple permits such as small residential kitchen and bathroom remodels, commercial reroofs, etc. Information for permits must be complete to process over-the-counter.
The Planning Division provides a variety of services including:
- Implementation and monitoring of the City’s growth and development policies
- Processing development entitlement applications
- Making recommendations and providing professional guidance to the City Council and Planning Commission at public hearings
- Updating and maintaining the City’s long range planning documents
- Processing administrative permits such as special events, oak tree removal permits, administrative variances, sign permits, and home business permits
The Engineering Division provides a host of technical services essential to the community development process including reviewing and approving project improvement plans, final maps, and administering City development standards.