Homepage > ... > Planning > Permits > Photography/Filming PermitE-mail storyPrint friendly format

Photography/Filming Permit

Photography/Film Permit

PDF Photography/Filming Permit

The Planning Division coordinates issuance of Filming Permits using City of Rocklin property in the City of Rocklin.

Filming includes staging, shooting, filming, videotaping, photographing for commercial and non-theatrical productions. Filming for the purposes of reporting on events or persons that are in the news for print publications, television, cable and other news media is excluded.

The City’s
Municipal Code Chapter 12.32 governs Filming Activities in the City of Rocklin.

There is a film permit fee; plus, fees will be charged for actual costs incurred by the city for providing employees, equipment rental, facilities rental, utilities, and similar costs.

Filming Includes (for commerical or non-theatrical productions):

• staging
• shooting
• filming

• videotaping
• photographing

For additional information, you may contact the Placer-Lake Tahoe Film Office toll free at 877.228.3456.

Contact the Planning Division at 916.625.5160 or by email at Access Rocklin.